Thursday, August 4, 2011

7 Weeks Old!

Yes, my baby boy is already 7 weeks old! Wow, it went fast but each day feels slow! He's made some incredible developments only since being home 1 month!

1 - He is now 11lbs! He was 7.2lbs when we left the hospital at 2.5 weeks old! Go breast milk, GO!
2 - He now sleeps 6-6.5hrs every night! Thank you, Jack! ~Love, Mommy
3 - He can hold his head up very well already!
4 - His legs are constantly moving and pushing and tucking under him during tummy time
5 - His eyes are a light grey still... I'm hoping for blue but if he gets his Daddy's dreamy hazel eyes, I won't be complaining!
6 - He is now smiling in response to me now, but I can't seem to recreate them consistantly yet
7 - He is now looking and batting at his hanging toys on his play mat!
8 - He does famously with his 3 hour feeding, wake time, and naptime routine all day long! Which makes mommy's day much more predictable on getting this done.
9 - He LOVES being outside! He looks all around during his 1hr long walk with mommy every morning and his 30 minute walk with daddy in the baby bijorne in the evening!
10 - He is starting to relax and enjoy the water more during his 2 baths a week, too!
11 - He passed his newborn hearing test with flying colors, so now when Jack cries, AJ says to him "Son, don't cry, I know you can hear me now so listen!"
12 - There is pretty much a song for every daily event,... we make them up for everything and amazingly, so does AJ... even more than I do!!
13 - Real Daddys can't resist a little baby talk to their sleeping babys they want to kiss and hold all the time!
14 - He still ikes his pacifier (thank you hospital...) but at least we now have a cute little lamb attatched to it to hold it in his mouth!! We call him "Lambo" (we mixed "Rambo" with "Lamby" to make it more masculin!)

There are so many things going on but those are some highlights I thought I'd share! Breast feeding is so fun and so much easier than I thought it would be! It's SOOOO much more convianient than pumping in the hospital (which I did for 2.5 weeks in the beginning!)

Enjoy the pictures! I have more coming of his nursery finished with pictures up and the decals too!



























No comments: