Thursday, October 18, 2012

Airplane Trips

Everyone asks us "How is Jack on the plane?" "I could never travel with a baby!" "Doesn't he scream the whole time?" "I can't believe he sits still even!" "It would be too much to pack and lug around with all his baby stuff, I can't believe you're willing do it so much!"

Well folks, it's really not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. However, I believe 98% of traveling with a baby is the parents attitude/personality. AJ and I are very go with the flow people and big planners, if that makes sense. I'm a very resourceful mom and I know what Jack needs everyday so I pack accordingly and we make do with the big baby items we can make do without. Such as a high chair, I sit Jack up on 2 phone books and tie him to the chair with a long sheet around his waist. A pack n' play, all hotels have them so we just use theirs with a "coverplay" and the hotel sheets. Stroller, we take the jogging one so I can run with him and it's more sturdy to not be damaged in the airplane. Toys and books I take are limited but multifunctional. I pack cups, different types of balls, some baby einstien movies, some interactive small toy that makes noise and 3 or 4 books. That's about it! We got to indoor playgrounds with LOTS of toys and the church nursery has toys and we have a friend down here we have play dates with that shares their toys. So Jack gets a chance to play with lots of different things each day.

Our airplane rides are pretty easy. The pressure changes don't bother him at all. He sleeps for about 1-1.5 hours of the 2.5hr flight and then he wakes up and enjoys a little snack on the pull down trays and then enjoys seeing all the things out the window as we get ready to land. Piece of cake! It's all the Lord's doing, I have to admit! I might be a pretty patient and calm mother but only because of God's grace! Jack may be a good napper with a pleasent disposition, but only because God created him that way! We are so blessed to have this opportunity to travel and see other places on this earth and we are not about to become picky or petty about things to prevent us from enjoying every moment! It's a great experience for Jack to see other birds, have a longer swim season and run around some of the best playgrounds I've ever seen in the world... not that I've seen them all, but I've seen many in different states and these are the best by far! We've even met an amazing couple down here with a boy who is 6 weeks yonger than Jack that we can fellowship with and the boys can socialize! It's been an amazing ride! The biggest blessing of all is that we get to see AJ every night of the week, that is priceless!

Here are some more pictures from all the fun we're having!















No comments: