Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Anniversary Gifts

So because our two year anniversary was on a Wednesday and AJ had class, we decided to spread out our celebration a little bit over the week… well, actually, the month. The Sunday before, AJ took me out to this AMAZING restaurant right in Waugh Chapel, it’s called Four Seasons, and it was so good! We got appetizers and a full dinner and even dessert! We were stuffed! And there is no feeling “pretty or sexy” when you’re stuffed! So early bed time it was!

Tuesday night of the week, I put a ton of our extra 8x10 wedding pictures all over the house where I know AJ would see them when he got home late from class. With each one I put a post-it with a little encouraging phrase or joyful line about our marriage and future together. Then, as my sisters know, I can get a little out of hand with the post-its, and I started putting them everywhere! In his underwear drawer, in the shower stall, in his dress shoes, on his shaving cream, in his book bag, etc. He loved it! He thought it was pretty cute, that I thought of all of his regular visits around the house before he gets into bed to great me as one happily married man! ;o)

The next morning, the day of our official anniversary, he gave me a little note while I was still in bed that said “These have been the best two years of my life and I look forward to growing our marriage stronger everyday. I love you, AJ.” I thought that was so nice, he even typed it up and I hugged him, and he’s like, “wait, I haven’t even given it to you yet!” I laughed because I thought that was it! I’m not one to expect big things, and he handed me a little navy blue box! I opened it and it was a huge, real, single pearl pendant necklace! It had a 1/8carat diamond on top of the large white pearl. I had been wanting a single pendant pearl necklace for a while so I can wear it dressed up and dressed down. This was perfect! I couldn’t have picked anything better myself! I think I’ve probably worn it almost everyday! It just seems to go with every outfit and you’d be surprised how proud a guy gets to see his girl wear his gift as often as possible! Thank you, Baby! So, that morning, I decided to share with AJ my anniversary gift to him. I had one overnight planned in August (when he was finally done his classes) and we were doing something adventurous but I couldn’t tell him what. He loves surprises, but he’s also great and ruining them and figuring them out early! AJ had never been white water rafting and I knew he would love the rush and adventure, especially trying something new! This is the man who always talks about how great it would be to be dropped out of a plane in the Amazon forest and find his way out (does any other guy watch that TV show “Man vs. wild”??).

So it was a 3 hour drive to Ohiopyle, PA so I figured we’d camp out in our tent in the national park campgrounds close to the river. I had saved up some money from my piano lessons to spend on this trip, so we couldn’t see any trace of the trip on my credit card! Of course, AJ was just dying to know and I told him about two weeks before the trip what we were doing. He was SO excited! He couldn’t wait! I got everything packed the night before and he prepared all the wood and fire things for the open campfire we’d have, and off we went on Friday (august 22nd) morning at 6am to get there by 10:30am for our white water rafting trip! To make a really long story short… AJ and I had a blast! I let him be the captain of our rafting (there were 4 of us total) and the guides are in kayaks as we went down Class III rapids! We didn’t fall in, but we did come close a few times. The only thing AJ could say when we got back was, “Next time we’re doing Class V rapids!” For those of you who don’t know much about white water, Class V is the highest rapids you can go, it’s about a 225 feet per mile drop down the river and class III rapids are about 25 foot drop per mile down the river.

Either way, he loved it and can’t wait to go again! Camping out in the dark in a tent is really hard to fall asleep with everything so quiet except a few of my “gasp’s” and “did you hear that?” over night. There is nothing better than sitting around an open fire first thing in the morning and hearing the quiet of the mountain! We love the outdoors!!! Needless to say, it was a great 2 year anniversary and I can’t wait for next years! ;o)









No comments: