Monday, April 7, 2008

California Love...

So we have 600+ pictures from our 8 day vacation to Cali! It was amazing! For those of you who don't know, AJ and my birthday's are 3 days apart in March and it always falls on spring break so we usually go away for it every year to celebrate! Here is a brief, very brief itinerary of our trip: First we arrive in Las Vegas airport for a transfer out to San Diego, here I am, pretending to enjoy slots!
We arrive in sunny San Diego with an amzing view from our bed & breakfast! Right on the top of Point Loma! Everything was blue and green and sunny! We even enjoyed the very classy night life of the Gaslamp district downtown!
Then we just had to visit La Jolla and saw tons of see lions! Those rock looking things on the beach behinds us in that one picture are real sea lions only 30 feet from us! Also, we just had to go to the San Diego Zoo. AJ kept laughing at me because I was like pushing kids out of the way to get my picture taken with all the animal monuments in the park! Look, in one, I'm hiding in bamboo!
Second leg of the trip we just had to go to where all the famous people live! We didn't have ANY interest (despite my little sister Melissa's encouragement to go to Hollywood row..) we drove through LA but right before, we went to Laguna Beach! Yes, that's the beach where they had that popular teeny-popper show! It was cold and the waves were big but it was beautiful and a ritzy, but small town! I even took a picture of the road sign to say we've been there!
Driving through LA, I looked everywhere for the big "Hollywood" sign on the hill like you always see in movies... I couldn't find it anywhere! I was kind of mad but we got over it because we still had "Karen" our GPS (that's the name of the austrailian women voice that prompts us to our next destination). Here we are in the car because it really was a road trip within the vacation!
Ok, enough for now. Can you believe it that was only 2 days?!?! Day 3 we drove up the coast through all the mountains (not the 12 hour switch-back road of coastal highway). It was great and beautiful! We took pictures of everything,... there were cows all over the mountain and it looked like pepper sprinkled everywhere! It's amazing to see such beauty in God's creation! How could anyone ever not believe there is some master creator of this planet!?
I'll post more later!

1 comment:

The Barrick Times said...

Fun!!! I really wish you had a Hollywood sign picture though... just kidding!