Monday, February 18, 2008

Lots of things TO DO!




Now that our big yearly Super Bowl party is over, (lots of food leftovers... next time I won't make so much, or I'll convince AJ not to get the wings this time), Valentine's Day has passed (a traditional crab cake meal in, compliments of G&M's famous lump crab cakes with french fries, of course), and we had a semi-formal dinner to attend for all the MBA students at Smith Business School for UMD. (Pictures to come)


Now back into the swing of things, AJ is back for his second semester at Maryland getting his MBA. Which means some late nights again for classes. He also took a new rotation at work to try out the business sector at Northrop to see if his MBA could be put to good use with an Engineering background. It's too early to tell if he likes the work but they certainly are social on the business side. He gets happy hours, bowling trips, lunch meetings all the time over there! Not the engineers.... so I do miss him now that he's in a different building. No more morning walks down to the caferteria together.


I started BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) after much coersing by my mother. The homework is pretty instense but it's a great non-biased look at nothing but the bible, purely God's word. It's been really nice to get facts and look in depth to each verse instead of getting opinions or just talking to other women about what they "think" about everything. It's wonderful and structured (perfect for me!) and no one talks about their denomination either. It's actually against the rules. We're studying Matthew right now and we're up to Jesus's transfiguration. It's really been great to get me into God's word of truth and not reading a lot of Godly books to dance around the real truth. I frequently catch myself singing "The B-I-B-L-E, yes, that's the book for me...!"


I also took some initiative and started a women's christian book club at church all by myself! I had quite a few turn outs too for our first monthly meeting. I actually put a twist on this book club, it's recipe exchange as well! Every month at our meetings we try out a different recipe and someone brings ni the dish and hands out recipe cards. All the women like it and I get some new ideas to try at home too! We're starting off with "When Heaven Weeps," by Ted Dekker. A Love story thriller! So please pray for me that I can lead these women and encourage them and have this be an outreach into the community to bring other women readers to faith.

It's now been the 4th month without my puppy... I desperately want another one, but God has other plans for me. I couldn't be doing the bible study or the book club if I had a lovable bundle of fur to great me when I get home at lunch and then again after work. I think we've decided we'll get another one when I get pregnant (2 years). It still really hurts to see pictures, but I miss the walks and the snuggle time in the evenings. We're enjoying our fire pit instead for now as an outside substitue place to talk about things on the weekends.

I hope all is well out there! I'll up date you more on the status of our week birthday trip in March to California coast! I'm too excited for words right now!

No comments: