Monday, March 25, 2013

Birthday Trip To Banff, Canada

So I know I have a TON of catching up to do on pictures from Florida last year and from Thanksgiving, Christmas and now we are living in Canada, wouldn't you know!? So pictures on my phone, camera and old laptop and work laptop, I have some I have right here from our birthday trip to Banff last week. I thought I'd share quickly.

So we stayed in Canmore (if you'd like to look at a map) which is 15 minutes south of Banff village in Alberta Canada. This area is one of the most photographed in the world! The Canadian Rockies are spectacular and something I've wanted to do my whole life and now we live an hour from it! At least until the end of the summer! :o)

We went dogsledding on a lake that was frozen 3 feet deep, and it's at the end of March! We went to Lake Louise and walked on it and hiked all the way around it as well. We visited the village of Banff and attempted to go to the Upper Hot Springs but found it wasn't worth it as it was a small, crowded, boring regular looking pool and it totally took all the romantic ideas of a wild hot springs out of it for us, so we didn't go. We also went to the top of the Calgary tower, which isn't the tallest lookout point, especially compared to the Eifel Tower, but it was decent. And it was a cloudy/snowy day so you couldn't even see the Rockies in the distance which are a short 45 minutes away! Oh well. Here are some shots from the trip. I have others from our cell phones but I'll get to those in another post.





 See the goat hiding in the middle of the cliff in the above picture??







 Can you see the goats had climbed to the top of the cliff on our way back? (Above pic)
 This is the Banff Springs Hotel nestled into the mountain side. The Upper Hot Springs are just above that.





 

No comments: